Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Bitch Planet #1 (2014)



Cover:



Well that’s rude!  The comic is giving me double middle finger at me!



Plot:



Welcome to Bitch Planet!  This is where all female criminals go!  Shenanigans will ensue here.



Writing:

Grindhouse + Religious Symbolism + Blacksploitation + Commentary on Prison Systems = Deep & Complex



Our Hero:



It’s Misty Lee!



Our Villain:



Err…religion?  Government?  I dunno.



Our Side Characters:



I guess… I guess these people count as “characters” in looses sense of the word.



Action:



Lots of people getting beaten up by clubs!



Dialogue:



It’s dialogue!  That’s all I remember about it.



Art:



If Michael Walsh & David Aja’s artwork had a baby, this would be it.



Most Memorable Moment:



Huh, a pink dominatrix hologram with a nun’s habit and a corset asking for a woman to confess her sins.  Ever get the feeling this comic is weird?



Final Page:



When people die, the colors they turn black & white & gray like an old film strip.



What We Should Take from This Comic:



Religion & government are bad or make for sucky combination?  I don’t know, you tell me people.



What We Do Take From This Comic:



The future sucks just like every single future depiction in media.



Yay or Nay?


Mmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh……….

1 comment:

  1. This is the most superficial and stupidest review I've ever read. It's posts like this that result to the dumbing down of comics journalism.

    ReplyDelete